IBW (Independent Books Week) 2016 TAG
1. What book(s) are currently in your bag? What is currently in my bag is a New Testament and a book titled, "The Glory Of The Empire A Novel, A History" by Jean D' Ormesson (Translated from the French by Barbara Bray)
2. What’s the last great book you read? I do not like the word great but the last good book I read was titled, "A Summer Without Men" a novel by Siri Hustvedt
3. What book have you gifted the most? The book I have given away the most would be, "The Collected Works of St. John the Cross"
4. What’s your favourite independent bookshop? Black River Books in South Haven MI
5. What’s been your favourite book recommended by a bookseller (or fellow Booktuber)? "Paris Vagabond" by Jean-Paul Clebert (Translated from the French by Donald Nicholson-Smith)
6. What’s your favourite bookshop memory? I do not have any favorite bookshop memory.
7. What do bookshops mean to you? What do you love about them? I like bookshops because you never know what you are going to find. I love the smell of old books.
8. What are the books that made you? Which books have most affected or influenced you? The books that have made me are The Bible, "The Collected Works of St. John of the Cross" and "The Cloud of Unknowing".
9. What book do you recommend readers gift for Father’s Day? The Bible and he already has Bible I recommend this biography, "William James In The Maelstrom Of American Modernism" by Robert D. Richardson. (Another great biography on William James I highly recommend is titled, "William James" by Gay Wilson Allen.)
10. What book is currently at the top of your TBR pile? "Melville in Love: The Secret Life Of Herman Melville And The Muse Of Moby-Dick" by Michael Shelden