5. five years after I was born my brother Mike was born also outside of wedlock.
6. my brother Mike has received two Pulitzer prizes
7. my mother married Earl Inman around 1958 (?)
8. Earl hated Mike and me
9. Earl divorced my mother around 1960
10. in 1960 we lived in Norfolk Virginia
11. my oldest sister was born in Norfolk Virginia and also my other brother Robert Inman
12. around 1961 I had to go live with my Uncle and Aunt who were cruel drunks and dirt poor in Oregon
13. 1962 my mother remarries John Thomas a sailor in Norfolk Virginia
14. we move to Los Angeles Calif. in 1963
15. my mother divorces John Thomas and goes to work as a cocktail waitress
16. I attend Jr. High and become aware of girls and my sexuality.
17. my mother is killed by a speeding ambulance
18. the first book I remember reading was Valley of the Dolls by Jacqueline Susan
19. first movie I saw at a movie house was Days of Wine and Roses (1962) Jack Lemmon and Lee Remick. I remember my mother taking me with one of her many boyfriends to see this movie
20. first magazine I remember looking at was Playboy. My mother had a boyfriend that owned a big house up in the hills. The fellow had Playboy magazines all over his house.
21. first kiss was from a girl in the 9th grade who lived in a trailer park
22. after my mother was killed we (Mike and I) lived with my alcoholic aunt and her three sons in San Pablo Calif.
23. ran away and lived with a German Jew hippie woman and her son I was in the 11th grade living in Richmond Calf.
24. in High School I was into LSD, weed, magic mushrooms, books and women.
25. remembering seeing in concert Can Heat, Ten Years After, Joy of Cooking, The Guess Who, Pink Floyd, Steve Miller Band
28. had sex for the first time when I was in the 12 grade with a beautiful girl name Debbie
29. went to Young Life in High School and Bahai World Faith Meetings
27. favorite writer in High School was Theodore Dreiser the novel An American Tragedy
28. Maria my first foster parent threw me and I lived with Tom and his family while in the 12th grade. Tom's parents told me I had to move out when the Lord saved me in 1970
30. I was a conscientious objector during the Vietnam Conflict
31. I marched against the war in Southeast Asia
32. after I finished High School I wanted to be either a social worker or something to do with Art. After the Lord saved me I wanted to go out and tell others the Good News.
33. I was a Jesus Freak
34. after High School I lived off and on at a Christian commune called Richmond House
35. went to Jr. College for one year and a small independent Liberal Arts College on Mackinac Island for a half year
36. in college my biggest influence was Bertolt Brecht
37. I worked in a Rescue Mission for a couple of years because I wanted to live on the edge of society. I wanted to live with outcasts
38. fell in love with an older woman divorce with four older children. I was in my early 20's and she was in her early 50's her name was Tykie
39. I became a Calvinist while working at the rescue mission and joined the Orthodox Presbyterian Church maybe the year was 1975 (?)
40. Tykie moved to Oregon and I met another divorced woman with two small boys named Sandy
41. Sandy bought me my first car and forced me to get a driver's license
44. I left the mission and worked at a 7-11 Store for a couple of months
45. I was in the far country and not walking with the Lord when I was with Sandy
46. the Lord had mercy on me and set me free from the chains of sin and I left Calf. to attend Reformed Bible College
47. met Carol the first months of attending RBC and got married in May 1979
48. I began to read the English Puritans around 1976 (?)
50. The first Puritan book that had an impact on me was a book titled "Looking Unto Jesus" by Isaac Ambrose. I have a reprint of this wonderful book in my book collection
51. when Carol and I were dating she bought me Matthew Henry's Commentaries and the Works of Thomas Manton
52. my wife bought our wedding rings because I had no money when we decided to get married
53. I never proposed to my wife
54. we were married in the front room of my wife's parents house
55. my wife never had a boyfriend till she met me
56. I married Carol because I knew it was the best decision I would ever make in my life
57. I have a B.R. E. degree from Reformed Bible College which is a Bachelor of Religious Education degree.
58. when I went to Bible College I was thinking of becoming a missionary. I wanted to go live with the Amazonian Indians
59. from the age of 9 to a couple of years ago I was constantly sick with an stomach ucler
60. I have been keeping a diary since I was 18 years old but burned all my diaries when I left Calif. to attend Reformed Bible College. After getting back from my honeymoon I started writing again and have not stopped since
61. during the 1980's I listened only to the radio and did not buy many records. The night after our wedding Carol and I went to a Mall and I bought a record by James Taylor which I still have down in the basement. The next record I recall buying was Blood On The Tracks by Bob Dylan. I also bought Dylan's Christian albums and then we got into listening to Keith Green tapes. I mainly listened to Blue Grass and Classic the first years of being married. I did not start buying music till we moved to Holland Mich. 13 years ago. I did buy cassette tapes when we lived in the South. I really got into the music of Bruce Cockburn and Van Morrison. I have always been a fan of Dylan's music especially his early stuff.
62. we moved to Mississippi to attend Reformed Theological Seminary because we wanted to live in the South. I also wanted to sit under the teaching of Dr. John DeWitt the Prof. of Systematic Theology. The first day we were on campus I went to see Dr. DeWitt and found him packing his library. He had accepted a call to be a Sr. Pastor in a big Presbyterian Church. I was disappointed that he was leaving but what could I do about it?
63. as a seminary student I had a couple small breakdowns nothing that crippled me but those seminary years were very hard on me
64. I never feel comfortable around people and I suppose that is why I never became a minister but now work alone at the bottom of the egg pit
65. While in attending seminary I next a seminar called Christian Spirituality with Peter Toon and it was taking that class I got back into St. John of the Cross
66. after seminary I had to find a place to do my internship
67. moved to Houston Texas and did my internship at Covenant PCA some of the worse years of my life
68. terrible time in Texas
69 we moved back to Michigan to settle down and raise our three children 13 years ago
70. Carol and I both want to live a simple life
71. I do not like my job but I do like being free to be myself [got fired in June 2007]
72. I do not like to be told what to do
73. I like being free to think my own thoughts and not have to deal with being told what to think
74. I see the Christian life as a life of freedom and so I gladly do what the Bible tells me what to do
75. I mainly like being free to think and write
76. I want to visit Spain someday and visit the places where St. John of the Cross lived and wrote
77. I wish I could read and speak Spanish so I could read St. John of the Cross in his own language
78. when I graduated from Reformed Theological Seminary I received a Master of Divinity Diploma
79. I do not have any close friends
80. I consider myself a Reformed Evangelical mystic Jesus Freak [I now just consider myself a Christian 5/04/09]
81. someday I want to live the life of a hermit [I am now 5/04/09 living the life of a hermit]
82. I do not like to drive
83. I hate the winter season here in Michigan
84. I drink coke and rarely anything else
85. I do not know basic English grammer
86. I know very little sciene or math
87. I do not like to shave
88. I collect books to look and not to read
89. I like to have a house full of cats but my wife is allergic to cat hair
90. I rarely receive personal phone calls or letters
91. I have not been in contact with my brothers and sisters since my mother's death. Mike and I are not close. About eight years ago we visited Mike and his family in Washington D.C. but rarely have any contact. Years ago I got into contact with my oldest sister Robin but then she suddenly broke off contact. My family is my wife and three children.
92. I do not like the world
93. I feel guilty when I have money in my pocket [right now I have no money 5/04/09]
94. I collect music
95. my favorite song is by Bob Dylan "Tombstone Blues" found on his record Highway 61 Revisited. I have told Carol I want this record by Dylan played at my funeral