thrift store used books haul
'Contemplating God with the Great Tradition: Recovering Trinitarian Classical Theism' by Craig A. Carter
'Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI' by David Grann
'The Girl from the Fiction Department: A Portrait Of Sonia Orwell' biography by Hilary Spurling
'Sunset And Twilight: From the Diaries of 1947-1959' by Bernard Berenson
'The Education Of A Yankee: An American Memoir' by Judson Hale
'The Ghost Writer' A Novel by Philip Roth
'Penmarric' A Novel by Susan Howatch
'Disturbing The Peace' A Memoir by Vaclav Havel A Conversation with Karel Hvizdala
'August Heat' An Inspector Montalbano Mystery by Andrea Camilleri Translated by Stephen Sartarelli
'Love In A Dark Time And Other Explorations of Gay Lives and Literature' by Colm Toibin
'The Accidental Life' An Editor's Notes on Writing and Writers' by Terry McDonell
'The Original of Laura' A novel in fragments by Vladimi Nabokov
'Crazy Diamond: Syd Barrett & the Dawn of Pink Floyd' biography by Mike Watkinson & Pete Anderson
'Nova Express' A Novel by William S. Burroughs
'The Golden Apples, Losing Battles, The Ponder Heart' three novels by Eudora Welty
'Stalingrad: The Fateful Siege: 1942-143' by Anthony Beevor
'Blind Willow, Sleeping Women' 24 Stories by Haruki Murakami
" The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.
 I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.
 I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.
 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore." Psalm 16:6-11
It is 1:11 PM Saturday afternoon on a gray sky ugly late Spring day. It has been predicted to rain today.
I got up this morning around 6:30 AM. When I got up I found Carol communicating with her cell phone. I got myself a cup of coffee and sat in our dining room seeking to wake up.
Carol left this morning around 8:05 AM for Covenant PCA to make pigs with people from Covenant PCA. I spent the morning writing in my paper diary and reading from a book titled, 'Contemplating God with the Great Tradition: Recovering Trinitarian Classical Theism' by Craig A. Carter. I also filmed this morning a video showing folks the used books I bought at thrift stores this week.
Carol got home around Noon. Carol is now making apple dumplings. This evening we go down the street to have burgers with our son Caleb and his family.
I am tired this afternoon since I did not get to bed till almost Midnight. I am a light sleeper. I will close to wait to see what comes in the mail this afternoon.
1. Scribbled secret notebooks, and wild typewritten pages, for yr own joy
2. Submissive to everything, open, listening
3. Try never get drunk outside yr own house
4. Be in love with yr life
5. Something that you feel will find its own form
6. Be crazy dumbsaint of the mind
7. Blow as deep as you want to blow
8. Write what you want bottomless from bottom of the mind
9. The unspeakable visions of the individual
10. No time for poetry but exactly what is
11. Visionary tics shivering in the chest
12. In tranced fixation dreaming upon object before you
13. Remove literary, grammatical and syntactical inhibition
14. Like Proust be an old teahead of time
15. Telling the true story of the world in interior monolog
16. The jewel center of interest is the eye within the eye
17. Write in recollection and amazement for yourself
18. Work from pithy middle eye out, swimming in language sea
19. Accept loss forever
20. Believe in the holy contour of life
21. Struggle to sketch the flow that already exists intact in mind
22. Dont think of words when you stop but to see picture better
23. Keep track of every day the date emblazoned in yr morning
24. No fear or shame in the dignity of yr experience, language & knowledge
25. Write for the world to read and see yr exact pictures of it
26. Bookmovie is the movie in words, the visual American form
27. In praise of Character in the Bleak inhuman Loneliness
28. Composing wild, undisciplined, pure, coming in from under, crazier the better
29. You’re a Genius all the time
30. Writer-Director of Earthly movies Sponsored & Angeled in Heaven