a used books haul
'The Book Of Kells' An Illustrated Introduction To The Manuscript In Trinity College Dublin by Bernard Meehan
'Van Gogh and Gauguin: The Studio of the South' Highlights of the Exhibition THE ART INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO
'The Complete Woodcuts of Albrecht Durer' Edited By Dr. Willi Kurth
'Cleopatra of Egypt from History To Myth' Edited by Susan Walker and Peter Higgs
'Theatre' A Novel by W Somerset Maugham
'Fiona Range' A Novel by Mary McGarry Morris
'Wuthering Heights' A Novel by Emily Bronte A Norton Critical Edition
'The Keys Of Egypt: The Obsession to Decipher Egyptian Hieroglyphs' non-fiction by Lesley & Roy Adkins
'My Father's Tears and other stories' by John Updike
'At Swim Two Boys' A Novel by Jamie O'Neill
'Riven Rock' A Novel by T.C. Boyle
'The Voyage' A Novel by Philip Caputo
'Bangkok Haunts' crime fiction by John Burdett
'The Best Of H.P. Lovecraft: Blood Curdling Tales Of Horror And The Macabre'
'Once Upon A River' a novel by Bonnie Jo Campbell
It is 11:18 AM late Sunday morning here in Holland Michigan. It is another bitter cold day. It is predicted to snow this afternoon.
I got up this morning around 7 o'clock AM. When I got up I found my wife reading in the living room. She had gotten up around 4 o'clock AM this morning. I made for breakfast a pot of oatmeal. I ate my oatmeal while messing with our main computer. After messing with our main computer I wrote in my paper diary and then got out to look at a book titled, '1-2 Thessalonians, 1-2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon' Reformation Commentary on Scripture. Carol left for church around 8:10 AM. After she left I filmed a video for my Youtube channel. So has gone by existence. Not much else to report.
Last night I watched a professional football playoff game and read till 1 o'clock AM a crime novel titled 'Bangkok 8' by John Burdett.
Today I will watch professional football playoff games and read. Carol won't be home from church till later on this afternoon. She told me she plans after church go and visit her elderly Pam, who is dying (Pam is 94 years old).
Carol and I are suppose to go over to Caleb and Emily's for dinner this evening. Carol goes back to Covenant PCA this evening.
Well, I suppose I will close to drift into the afternoon hours. There is no way of escape.
BELIEF & TECHNIQUE FOR MODERN PROSE by Jack Kerouac
1. Scribbled secret notebooks, and wild typewritten pages, for yr own joy
2. Submissive to everything, open, listening
3. Try never get drunk outside yr own house
4. Be in love with yr life
5. Something that you feel will find its own form
6. Be crazy dumbsaint of the mind
7. Blow as deep as you want to blow
8. Write what you want bottomless from bottom of the mind
9. The unspeakable visions of the individual
10. No time for poetry but exactly what is
11. Visionary tics shivering in the chest
12. In tranced fixation dreaming upon object before you
13. Remove literary, grammatical and syntactical inhibition
14. Like Proust be an old teahead of time
15. Telling the true story of the world in interior monolog
16. The jewel center of interest is the eye within the eye
17. Write in recollection and amazement for yourself
18. Work from pithy middle eye out, swimming in language sea
19. Accept loss forever
20. Believe in the holy contour of life
21. Struggle to sketch the flow that already exists intact in mind
22. Dont think of words when you stop but to see picture better
23. Keep track of every day the date emblazoned in yr morning
24. No fear or shame in the dignity of yr experience, language & knowledge
25. Write for the world to read and see yr exact pictures of it
26. Bookmovie is the movie in words, the visual American form
27. In praise of Character in the Bleak inhuman Loneliness
28. Composing wild, undisciplined, pure, coming in from under, crazier the better
29. You're a Genius all the time
30. Writer-Director of Earthly movies Sponsored & Angeled in Heaven