1. Name a book or author who uses the field of, or concepts from, anthropology in their work
'Calvin's Doctrine Of Man' by T. F. Torrance
2. A book or author who uses archaeology in their works 'The Source' a novel by James A. Michner
3. Have you read a work from ancient Greece or Rome? If so, what was it and do you have a favorite author or work?
'Augustus' a novel by John Williams
4. History: Do you have a favorite historical period you enjoy reading about? If so, what is it? Any books that stand out? Early 19th America 1790-1855 is one of my favorite historical periods. Two books stand out for me are 'Essays & Lectures' Ralph Waldo Emerson and 'The Journal 1837-1861' Henry David Thoreau ('Walden Pond')
5. Linguistic or Languages: Reading is about language among other things. What is your favorite translated work of literature? 'The War Of The End Of The World' a novel by Mario Vargas Llosa Translated By Helen R. Lane
6. Law and Politics: Do you read political books or books related to the law? What are your favorites? I am currently reading a book on politics titled, 'Nervous States: Democracy And The Decline Of Reason' by William Davies. I recently bought a book titled, 'The Future of Capitalism: Facing The New Anxieties' by Paul Collier
7. Literature does not have a universally accepted definition. What is yours?
8. Philosophy is the love of wisdom. Have you read a work of Philosophy? Do you have a favorite?
'Virtue and the Voice of God: Toward Theology As Wisdom' by Daniel J. Treier
'The Myth Of Sisyphus and Other Essays' by Albert Camus
'At The Existentialist Cafe: Freedom, Being, and Apricot Cocktails' biography by Sarah Bakewell
9. Religion: Name a book or author that you have read that has influenced your own personal view of religion?
'The Collected Works of St John of the Cross' Translated by Kieran Kavanaugh. O.C.D. & Otilo Rodriguez, O.C.D.
'Calvin: Institutes of Christian Religion' Two Volumes Editor: John T. McNeill
10. Performing Arts: Musicology, Theater and Dance often put the performer front and center. Do you have a favorite performer? If so who is it and why did you appreciate their work? Is there a book about this performer?
'Positively 4th Street: The Lives and Times of Joan Baez, Bob Dylan, Mimi Baez Farina and Richard Farina' biography by David Hajdu
11. Visual Arts: Do you have a favorite visual artist or media type? Do the two relate? Are there any books that address this relationship between artist and medium? The American abstract expressionist painter Jackson Pollock 'Jackson Pollock: An American Saga' biography by Steven Naifeh & Gregory White Smith
12. Tag someone